Here you will find information about how we deal with the coronavirus outbreak and how it affects your visit. Universeum will remain open, but with limited visitor capacity and limited opening hours until further notice.
We continually follow the authorities’ information and recommendations and will update this page when necessary.
Last update: October 2, 8:03 AM.
The safety of our visitors, employees, and animals are our number one priority. In addition to limiting the visitor capacity, we have taken several precautions to minimize the risk of spreading the coronavirus at Universeum. Additional precautions may be taken.
- We request that our visitors keep distance and wash their hands often with soap and hot water. There are lavatories on all levels except level 2.
- We pause our daily program and instead let educators and explainers move around the house.
- We don’t accept cash until further notice. Only card payment applies.
We request that all visitors and members of staff follow the advice of the Public Health Agency of Sweden: keep distance, wash your hands often with soap and hot water, cough and sneeze into the crook of your elbow or in a tissue, and stay at home if you are ill.
For more information, read the Public Health Agency of Sweden’s information about covid-19 and the Swedish authorities’ collected information at krisinformation.se/en.
How is your visit affected?
After the precautions we have taken, we feel that it is safe to keep Universeum open. Our precautions may affect your visit in some ways:
- Our visitor capacity is limited to ensure the safety of our guests and employees. Don’t forget to pre-book your visit in advance! If the tickets are sold out, it is not possible to buy tickets onsite.
- Guided tours and activities are not scheduled, but take place spontaneously while our daily program is paused. Our educators and explainers are available around the house.
- The common marmosets and pied tamarins that usually roam the enclosure on level 2 are temporarily kept away from visitors. Since studies have shown that monkeys can also be infected with the coronavirus, we’re keeping the passage through this enclosure closed för visitors. The Goeldi’s monkeys at level 1 and in the sloth enclosure at level 5 can be enjoyed as usual.
Prepaid, unused tickets from Universeum can be redeemed if you wish to postpone your planned visit. Please contact the Visitor’s Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to the ticket desk to redeem your tickets.
For the time being, we are open for school visits Wednesday to Friday. Available times are shown in our online booking. Please note that all school visits must be pre-booked! For safe and secure visits, we accept a limited number of classes. We therefore recommend booking well in advance.