Here you will find information about how we deal with the coronavirus outbreak and how it affects your visit. Universeum will remain open with regular opening hours, but with limited visitor capacity.
We continually follow the authorities’ information and recommendations and will update this page when necessary.
Last update: May 5, 11:59 AM.
The Swedish Government decided on March 11 to limit public gatherings and events. On March 27 the policy was revised and from March 29 limits the number of people gathered in one place to 50. As a result, from March 29 we temporarily limit the number of visitors in the building.
The safety of our visitors, employees, and animals are our number one priority. In addition to limiting the visitor capacity, we have taken several precautions to minimize the risk of spreading the coronavirus at Universeum. Additional precautions may be taken.
- We request that our visitors keep distance and wash their hands often with soap and hot water. There are lavatories on all levels except level 1.5.
- We pause our daily program and instead let educators and explainers move around the house.
- On March 24, the Public Health Agency of Sweden made demands for stricter safety in restaurant environments. We therefore keep Roberta’s restaurant closed until further notice and refer to Café Toucan. There is since earlier additional washing and cleaning staff.
- From March 29 we keep the shop closed until further notice in order to provide Vistor’s Service with additional staff. Meanwhile we refer visitors and customers to our online store (in Swedish only).
- We don’t accept cash until further notice. Only card payment applies.
We request that all visitors and members of staff follow the advice of the Public Health Agency of Sweden: keep distance, wash your hands often with soap and hot water, cough and sneeze into the crook of your elbow or in a tissue, and stay at home if you are ill.
For more information, read the Public Health Agency of Sweden’s information about covid-19 and the Swedish authorities’ collected information at krisinformation.se/en.
How is your visit affected?
After the precautions we have taken, we feel that it is safe to keep Universeum open with regular opening hours. Our precautions may affect your visit in some ways:
- Our visitor capacity is limited, and this may mean that you have to wait a while before being let in. If the building is full, we let in at the same rate as visitors exit.
- Guided tours and activities are not scheduled, but take place spontaneously while our daily program is paused. Our educators and explainers are available around the house.
- The common marmosets and pied tamarins that usually roam the enclosure on level 1.5 are temporarily kept away from visitors. Since visitors have access to this enclosure and we cannot rule out the risk of the monkeys being infected with covid-19, these two species are kept in their back enclosure as of March 12. The Goeldi’s monkeys by Café Toucan and the sloth enclosure can be enjoyed as usual.
- The menue is limited as Roberta’s restaurant is closed. Café Toucan is open.
Prepaid, unused tickets from Universeum can be redeemed if you wish to postpone your planned visit. Please contact the Visitor’s Service at email@example.com or go to the ticket desk to redeem your tickets.
Booked student programmes and other school visits
Booked student programmes will be held as planned and are guaranteed entrance. Please contact our School Booking Service at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to change or cancel your booking.